More Information

April 15, 2012

The Maiden Voyage




I recently volunteered to participate in the Goodreads M/M Romance Group's writing event, Love is Always Write, in which members wrote "Dear Author" letters to provide authors with story prompts.  Well, I chose a letter prompt, and for the last month or so, I've been writing, writing...oh, and writing.

Earlier today, I submitted my story, and let me just tell you - it feels fantastic and terrifying at the same time. This story will be the first that I've ever "released into the wild" for public consumption, so I'm crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes that it'll be well-received.

To be completely honest, this is also the first piece of fiction I've ever sat down and written to completion. Yup. So, yeah, a lot of new territory for me. I'm really happy I participated because I felt like that little nudge to get this done was what I needed.  I knew that there was a deadline and a member who was counting on me to give it my best shot, so I just dove off that cliff and wrote it. There was no more room for doubts or second guessing of my writing skills or ability to tell a story. I just had to go in there and take the plunge, and I'm so glad that I did.

My story is a gay romance novelette featuring professional football players. It'll be released some time in the summer. More info and general thoughts on the writing process that I experienced will follow in the ensuing weeks.

Shaking in her boots (but also super relieved),
NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment