More Information

November 16, 2013

Pet Adoption Saves Lives


I recently came across this comic strip, and it really hit home for me. A little over seven years ago, I adopted Nico-kitteh from a rescue organization that pulls pets from NYC-area animal shelters. There were a lot of pets in the foster home, and they could all stand to win a little in the lottery of life. Nico has brought me so much happiness and joy, and I can't imagine my life without him in it. As we come into the holiday season, please be responsible in making the decision to bring a pet into your home.

Pets are a lifelong commitment, so before you spring one on someone as a surprise gift, please consider why pets make bad gifts. However, if you've carefully considered everything that goes into welcoming a pet into your life, then please consider rescuing a shelter pet. You'll save a life, and that just feels good. =)

Here's a treasure trove of tumblr goodies about shelter adoption. They made me smile, and I hope they bring a smile to your day, too.








No comments:

Post a Comment